Monday, July 25, 2011

Joss Whedon Panel at San Diego Comic Con 2011

Here's the story about this Joss Whedon panel: For the entire time we were on the line, I was super conflicted about the fact that Anthony Stewart Head was moderating the Grimm Panel with David Greenwalt 30 minutes after Joss ended. I reeeeally wanted to see that epicness. So once we get in, Ivan sets up the camera, we get fantastic seats and I for some inane reason decide to bolt. This isn't my first time at the Rodeo, so I know what these lines are like and that 30 minutes isn't nearly enough...but I do it anyway like dumb ass.

After power walking I swear an effing mile, I see the 1500 people on line for Grimm and realize the error of my ways. It's okay as the guys were back there recording the entire panel, but really? So I walk back to panel in hopes of catching a glimpse of the end and realize for the entirety of my walk I'm walking beside Alan Tudyk!! I knew I recognized that voice!


The good thing is I did luckily make it back to catch the last 15 minutes of Joss. Below is the panel and yes, I'm watching it now in full for the first time! Enjoy!



2 comments:

heroine_tv said...

The line for the Grimm panel was actually misleading. We sat through the whole Joss panel AND made it to the Grimm panel in time. I think the lines for those small rooms just seem worse than they are, because there's so little room for them. Plus, the volunteers keep blocking off walkways and causing build-up of bodies. But don't feel bad because you didn't miss too much. After the pilot screened, there was barely ANY time for Q&A. The highlight was just seeing ASH and getting waaaaay too excited, but he didn't say much at all.

Anyway, I think I saw you guys right before the Joss panel, sitting in the reserved section. I was in the second row in the middle.

Michelle said...

OMG, I can't believe you got into Grimm after Joss! The SDCC line guy told me there was no way that was happening. But I feel SO much better after reading your recap. Thanks!

And yes, we were in the reserved section! I wish you would've said hi! Was it during the panel itself? Michelle and I were both wearing our Buffyfest shirts that day and Geroges Jeanty was right behind us. I kept running around (which you already know from my diatribe in this post, haha.)