Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Final Four of September Silliness - The Whedonverse Season Finale Tournament

Because this game started with a mere 16 nominees unlike past tourneys, we're already at the Final Four! The last round was already super-difficult, though, and the results were pretty close. It's only going to get harder from here on out. Here's a recap of last round:

- Buffy S.2 finale "Becoming Part 2" took down the series finale "Chosen"
- And in the hardest match so far, for us anyway, Buffy S.5's fabulous  finale "The Gift" beat Angel's legendary series finale "Not Fade Away"

And that's that. Actually, all Whedonverse titles have been eliminated save for Buffy and Dr. Horrible now. Firefly's finale got booted right away and Dollhouse didn't stick around much longer. Now that Angel is out, all bets are on a Buffy ep winning the whole tourney. Or will Dr. Horrible swoop in and crown himself the new kind o' the verse? We'll see...

The episodes fighting for the title were randomly seeded. Rounds will end each Monday and Thursday night at 11:59 pm EST after which we'll post results and the nominees for the next round. Voting for this part ends Thursday at 11:59 pm EST.

Here are the polls for "The Final Four". Vote with care!:













If your curious to see the entire bracket (and what's up next), click below to enlarge:


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, that was tough for me. Dr. Horrible won out in the end because, even thought I LOVE "Restless", I remember watching the 3rd act of Dr. Horrible and saying to my self, "Wait, what just happened? I was happy and now I can't seem to find my heart. Oh, there it is...on the floor, smashed in a million tiny pieces."

As for having to make a choice between the other two, I rather not talk about it. I think I might be scarred for life.